URGENT!!! ~TEXAS ~ Get those calls made NOW!!! ‘DO NOT SET HB 2562 FOR VOTE’
URGENT! CALL THIS MORNING!
TEXAS IS UNDER ATTACK BY POLITICIANS SUPPORTING
1. HB 2562, written by animal rights activists, is a poor attempt to remedy a current unenforceable law and will criminalize good people who provide their dogs with a high level of care.
2. HB 2562 was removed from L & C calendar on Friday 05/08/15 and sent back to Public Health Committee where it should have stayed to die.
3. Instead of dying, HB 2562 was Recommitted to committee, Scheduled for formal meeting, Considered in formal meeting, Committee substitute considered in committee, Reported favorably as substituted(with NO changes), and Comm. report filed with Committee Coordinator ALL ON THE SAME DAY! 05/08/2015. This is an indication that this is ALL important to the ARAs to get passed!
4. The ARAs (HSUS/THLN) have gotten 36 co-authors and S. Thompson(if you don’t vote for my bill I’ll kill everything you have) to sign on as a joint author.
5. Problems remaining in latest substitute HB 2562
a. ‘Unattended’ is not defined
b. Tether-become tangled. P3L11. As anyone who has ever had a dog even on a leash knows, any tether has the potential to become entangled, making this requirement unacceptable as it would prohibit tethering or be in violation.
c. Size/dimensions of dogs house specifications will make every dog house used today in violation – not acceptable.
d. Link size of tether chain no larger than ¼ inch width? What about length & Height? What about size/strength/gage of steel in link? Incomplete definition – unacceptable.
e. Texas Penal Code 42.092 Cruelty to Nonlivestock Animals, Section (a) (7) already defines “Necessary food, water, care, or shelter:” as including food, water, care, or shelter provided to the extent required to maintain the animal in a state of good health and covers all dogs – whether tethered or not tethered. Kenneling/housing requirements do not belong in this bill – unacceptable.
6. AKC opposes HB 2562 (see attached)
7. UKC opposes HB 2562 (seehttp://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/News/TexasBigHousingChangesPro04202015040124PM )
8. ADBA opposes HB 2562 (see attached)
9. U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance opposes HB 2562 (see attached)
10. Responsible Pet Owners Alliance opposes HB 2562 (see attached
11. Sportsmen’s & Animal Owners Voting Alliance opposes HB 2562
12. Endangered Breed Association & Texas Dog Commission oppose HB 2562
As you can see above there is widespread opposition to HB 2562 for good reason.
HB 2562 WILL NOW GO TO THE REGULAR CALENDARS COMMITTEE TOMORROW MONDAY, 05/11/15, WHICH IS THE LAST DAY FOR HOUSE BILLS TO BE SET ON A HOUSE CALENDAR FOR A FLOOR VOTE.
THLN (HSUS in Texas) has sent an alert asking for calls Monday for support.
PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES MONDAY AM AND CALL/EMAIL/FAX
· YOUR REP (look up at – http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Members/Members.aspx…
· And all the Calendar committee below
AND TELL THEM ‘DO NOT SET HB 2562 FOR VOTE’ – (THIS LANGUAGE IS IMPORTANT re OUR LOBBYIST!!!)
Please help – we can kill this bill.
I’ll be calling in the AM to remind everyone.
Please pass this on.
2015 House Calendars Committee
Todd Hunter, Corpus
Fax: 512 463 2101 (does not want emails)
Eddie Lucio, iii, Brownsville
Roberto Alonzo, Dallas
Byron Cook, Rep, Corsicana
Sarah Davis, Houston
Charlie Geren, River Oaks
Helen Giddings, Desoto
Patricia Harless, Spring
Dan Huberty, Kingwood
Eric Johnson, Dallas
Ken King, Panhandle
Lyle Larson, San Antonio
Four Price, Amarillo
Four.email@example.com (preferred email) Hal.firstname.lastname@example.org (unconfirmed)
Debbie Riddle, Spring
Justin.email@example.com (person answering phone)
Eddie Rodriguez, Austin
Disclaimer connected to this blog…Things said are of my opinion and the opinions of others…Stay tuned -B
Thank you Sonia for the alert.